In which our hero travels...alone...with the kid

So we decided to make an offer. With that decision down, the next quest would be to get signatures on the forms and turned in before the bank makes a decision.

"No problem," I say, "I can drop you off at work, run some errands hang out with a friend and then pick you up when you get off work and we can head up to our agent's office and get that paperwork signed. Hold on, let me take this call. Uh-huh. Uh-huh. Ok thanks. Tom says he is busy tomorrow from 11am until 7pm."

Regardless, I was already starting to want to spend some time with grown-ups and not just the kid all day. So we decided that I would still run the errands and hang out with friends but when I picked up the wife from work, I would already have the paperwork for us to sign and then scan and email to his office.

Good thing I spent the time hooking up the new scanner/printer before she started work again.

So I packed up everything I would need for a day out with the kid (and did a darn good job of it too) including a container of milk and some bottles from which to feed her. The next morning I woke up waaaaaaay too early (Sidenote: did you know that they make a 5:30 AM now?) and hit the road.

At this point I realized the first of two problems I was going to have with the day. The stores don't open at 7am. Damn. Ok, I'll get to them later we can just head up to the potential new neighborhood and do some exploring. Which we did. Drove around the neighborhood, checked out the downtown area. I even walked every aisle in the grocery store that is less than a block from the potential new house. Very nice.

I know what you are thinking: "What was your second mistake?" Wait for it. It's coming.

The second mistake, or rather the fatal flaw in the days plan is that I had everything I needed for the day if the baby girl liked her milk cold. Which she doesn't. And we were fast approaching the time where she likes to pretend she wants to eat and then not eat.

So I went over to the friends house and waited as long as I could for a reasonable hour to knock on the door. Luckily they were awake, though not ready for guests. They at least understood my situation, and besides, we go way back.

Really, that is the end of the story. The rest of the adventure wasn't all that hectic. We had a great time hanging out, picking up the offer paperwork and getting some FroYo. Later, I picked up the wife and we ran the errands together, which she preferred and the kid was the angel she usually is.

Later that night we had some trouble with the scanner, but got it all figured out and got the offer in. Not really worth going into all the details.

Now you think: "Great story, but that was last Wednesday. What has happened since?" The answer to that is: "Nothing too exciting really." Just a bunch of the work that pays and recovering with the wife from the week that was and preparing for the week that comes.

Mostly, I'm trying to figure out what to do for the kids three-month photoshoot. I have a few ideas, but nothing that really blows me away yet. When I do it though, I'll post some.


Post a Comment